Recipe by Karen Bevers, Diet Counselor at Camp Shane CA
The vacation season is in full swing – and with it all the temptations of our favourite vacation desserts. These treats are usually full of plenty of sugar, excessive in fats, and are straightforward to by chance overindulge in.
Right now we’re sharing a more healthy different to a vacation favourite – Sugar Cookies! These cookies use a minimal quantity of butter – making them a decrease in fats alternative. They’re additionally full of entire wheat flour – and enhance extra vitamins than most sugar cookies.
Entire Wheat Sugar Cookies
This recipe yields 24 (3”) cookies
1 cups flour
1/2 cup entire wheat flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
4 oz unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup gentle brown sugar
1 egg white
1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- Whisk collectively flours, salt & baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars collectively in a separate medium bowl till gentle and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl earlier than including egg white, vanilla & almond extracts – beat till mixed.
- Steadily add flour combination to sugars. Cowl bowl with plastic wrap, and chill for at the least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 levels Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mud a piece floor with flour. Place chilled dough onto work floor. Roll dough out to a ¼ inch thickness and use cookie cutters to chop shapes into dough. Switch these to baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes or till totally cooked. Take away cookies from oven and funky for five minutes. Switch the cookies to a wire rack to chill utterly.
100 energy per cookie
Fats: 4 g
Carbs: 20 g
Protein: 1 g
The Camp Shane Staff