Make chia seed pudding for a wholesome breakfast or snack proper at your fingertips. Bonus — it’s tremendous straightforward to make!
Lots of you understand that I’m a giant fan of in a single day oats on the subject of breakfast. However, there’s no denying that chia pudding will all the time stay my primary wholesome breakfast choice. I’ve been making chia pudding for over a decade (which you’ll see in my Youtube video under) and I preserve the recipe attention-grabbing by continually altering up the toppings and flavors.
Chia pudding is ideal for while you want a lightweight meal or on-the-go choice that’s surprisingly filling. Plus, it highlights my favourite highly effective and nutrient-dense little chia seeds – and who can resist these?
There’s no denying that chia seed advantages are vital. However to sum it up — they pack a hefty nutrient punch with Omega-3’s, antioxidants, fiber, and wholesome fat. Which means they’re nice for digestion (and preserve issues shifting), they’re nice for coronary heart well being, they assist stability blood sugar and so they’re nice for bone well being. Lengthy story quick, they’re good for you!
Chia Seed Pudding Components
Simply 2 straightforward elements are all you want, plus slightly sweetener if you happen to’d like. Chia pudding is astoundingly straightforward to make!
- Chia Seeds: Whereas black chia seeds are those you’ll discover most frequently on the market, you should use both black or white chia seeds. Each supply comparable dietary advantages!
- Milk: You should utilize your favourite milk, whether or not that’s dairy or dairy-free. I personally like to make use of my home made cashew milk, almond milk, or oat milk.
- Sweetener: A splash of maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract offers the chia pudding base a flippantly candy taste.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under
How To Make Chia Pudding
I wasn’t kidding after I stated that is the best recipe to make. Simply be sure that to have some jars available if you happen to plan on meal prepping chia pudding for the week! Right here’s how you can make it.
Stir the pudding. Stir collectively the chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract both in a big bowl (for one giant batch) or individually in jars. Let it sit for 10 minutes, so it will possibly begin to gel. Then give it one other stir.
Let the pudding chill and thicken. Cowl the bowl or jars and permit the pudding to thicken for no less than a number of hours (or in a single day) within the fridge. While you’re able to serve it up, high it together with your favourite fruits and nuts, and even layer a fruit puree on the backside (like I did within the video under!).
Chia Pudding Ideas
- Watch the portion dimension. It’s straightforward to go overboard on chia pudding and make it “Instagram-worth” (I’m responsible with these pics as nicely). However in doing so, you’re seemingly consuming a a lot bigger portion. Attempt to stick with 1/2 cup milk to 2 tablespoons chia seeds.
- Regulate the ratios to swimsuit you. Some folks like a thicker chia seed pudding and a few like a thinner model. Be happy so as to add extra milk to make a thinner model.
- Get artistic with toppings. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, cardamom (chai spices) or cacao powder (for chocolate chia pudding). Use seasonal fruit each in entire items and in purees and don’t overlook nuts and seeds. See extra concepts under!
How one can Retailer & Meal Prep
Should you observe me on Instagram you’ll regularly see me meal prep chia pudding for the week. I’ll make the precise ratio within the recipe under, stir all of it collectively in particular person 1/4 liter Weck Jars, high with frozen berries after which freeze.
It should final for a number of weeks (if not longer) within the freezer. Then, after I need a wholesome breakfast I’ll simply thaw it within the fridge the evening earlier than. Really easy!
Chia Pudding Variations
As you may anticipate, the primary few occasions I made chia pudding it was simply the fundamental recipe – chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract – soaked in a single day. And never that there’s something flawed with that, I nonetheless make it plain on a regular basis.
However chia seed pudding might be an incredible and artistic piece of breakfast art work. It’s like an grownup coloring ebook. Besides there aren’t any strains and the flavour combos are infinite! Listed below are few scrumptious methods to jazz it up.
Useful tip: Chia pudding has the feel of tapioca pudding. However if you happen to don’t love that texture, you’ll be able to mix up all of the elements in a high-powered blender for a easy texture. Try the chia pudding mousse recipes listed above!
Chia Pudding Recipe Video
It’s very easy to make chia pudding! But when it’s your first time, be sure that to observe my fast video under.
Extra Chia Seed Recipes You’ll Love
A bag of chia seeds actually does go a great distance! Right here’s what else you can also make with them.
Should you haven’t hopped on the chia pudding wagon, now’s the time to take action. When you give it a attempt, let me know your ideas in a remark under!
How one can Make Chia Pudding
Make chia seed pudding for a wholesome breakfast or snack proper at your fingertips. Bonus — it is tremendous straightforward to make!
- The dietary data is for a person serving.
- Should you discover your chia seeds aren’t beginning to gel and thicken after quarter-hour, you’ll have dud chia seeds. This will occur in they’ve been sitting in your pantry some time. Simply seize a brand new bag of chia seeds.
- I layered my chia pudding on high of a strawberry fruit puree, which was merely contemporary strawberries pureed in my meals processor. That’s it!
Energy: 159kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 9g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g, Monounsaturated Fats: 1g, Trans Fats: 0.03g, Sodium: 167mg, Potassium: 116mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 13IU, Vitamin C: 0.4mg, Calcium: 309mg, Iron: 2mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe initially posted August 2016, however up to date to incorporate new data.