Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
After intensive private use, I consider that the Goby toothbrush is likely one of the greatest electrical toothbrushes in the marketplace.
This oscillating toothbrush, which has similarities in design to Oral-B fashions, is my present favourite toothbrush for anybody beneath 40 and/or these in search of an incredible toothbrush for whitening. It breaks up the pellicle, outlined as that fuzzy feeling in your tooth from plaque buildup.
Every package will run between $50-$80 on a subscription plan or $65-95 as a one-time buy. Their subscription ensures you always remember to re-order toothbrush heads.
Let’s take a look at the professionals and cons of a Goby, plus how you can know if it’s best for you.
Ask the Dentist is supported by readers. In case you use one of many hyperlinks beneath and purchase one thing, Ask the Dentist makes just a little bit of cash at no further value to you. I rigorously analysis, check, and use 1000’s of merchandise yearly, however advocate solely a small fraction of those. I solely promote merchandise that I actually really feel can be priceless to you in enhancing your oral well being.
What’s a Goby Toothbrush?
The Goby electrical toothbrush is one of some newer subscription manufacturers on the toothbrush market that search to offer fashionable, direct-to-consumer dental care with out the value tag of “legacy” manufacturers like Sonicare or Oral-B.
It’s a minimalistic, easy brush with one button, two settings, and a few nice comfort options. The toothbrush head oscillates backwards and forwards, quite than utilizing a vibration like a sonic toothbrush.
Founders Claire Burke and Ben Goldberg began the corporate as a approach to give folks the possibility for a gorgeous toothbrush with out the “overpriced” tag.
As a approach to “make nice oral care accessible to all,” as their web site places it, Goby companions with NYU Faculty of Dentistry’s World Pupil Outreach Program. With each brush buy, cash is donated to help dental companies within the US and overseas.
One in all my favourite issues about Goby is the simplicity of their advertising. It’s no-fuss, and that’s simply how I like issues. Your toothbrush doesn’t need to be advanced or have six buttons to offer you a correct clear.
It actually emphasizes the underlying tone of their model title:
Goby Merchandise + Value
Whereas many toothbrush producers additionally provide further merchandise, Goby focuses strictly on getting you an incredible oscillatory brush and a brand new brush head each 1-3 months. Irrespective of which brush model you choose, every head can be delivered to you for $6 and free transport.
Goby affords three customary brush kits, plus a number of restricted version brushes that come out a number of occasions all year long (some examples pictured above).
Metallic Brush Kits [$80 sub/$95 one-time]
Obtainable in a shiny gold end, their metallic brush kits are Goby’s “premium” providing.
Monochrome Brush Kits [$60 sub/$75 one-time]
You will get one in all these monochrome brushes in:
Basic Brush Kits [$50 sub/$65 one-time]
The plastic traditional kits are the place it began. These are my favourite designs for teenagers and faculty college students! They arrive in:
Within the Field
In your Goby field, you’ll discover just some easy equipment;
- 1 Goby brush with hooked up spherical brush head (ought to have some cost upon arrival)
- An identical plastic base that can be utilized with or with out the charger for the comb to face upright in your countertop
- A charging twine with a wi-fi (induction) charger that can be utilized in or out of the bottom
- An identical plastic wall brick to plug within the USB charging twine
- A journey case to guard the top of the comb in baggage
Options of the Goby Brush
There are just a few methods it’s simple to see Goby has thoughtfully created a brush with the whole lot you want and nothing you don’t.
- The Goby electrical toothbrush has a chargeable battery with a 2-week battery life. That is shorter than some fashions that may go as much as 4 weeks on a cost, however traces up with their oscillatory brush opponents. Oscillating brushes use extra juice per use than a comparable sonic brush.
- Every use includes a 2-minute timer with 30-second pulses to remind you to maneuver to the subsequent quadrant. No want to fret about brushing lengthy sufficient!
- Similar to I favor, the Goby electrical toothbrush makes use of only one brush head, and it’s tremendous delicate. Medium and agency brush heads are inclined to scratch tooth, which might result in extra frequent cavities.
- On the entrance of the bottom, there are 3 battery indicator lights that mild up in inexperienced. When it’s charging, you’ll see a flash of one of many lights to indicate your progress. While you’re accomplished brushing, you’ll be capable of see the indicator lights for the cost you’ve bought left.
- Goby’s oscillating brushes are prime for stain removing. Whereas a toothbrush doesn’t “whiten” your tooth, it positive may also help take away some floor stains. I’ve discovered that an oscillating brush head does this extra effectively than sonic manufacturers.
- In case you brush too onerous, the stress sensor will change the vibration so you understand to again off. In relation to the fitting approach to brush yur tooth, many individuals are inclined to dig the bristles into their tooth, which is completely pointless. Goby helps you retain it mild.
Goby Toothbrush: Professionals + Cons
The Good Stuff
There are various “professionals” of proudly owning a Goby toothbrush, together with its direct-to-consumer buying mannequin that saves you each money and time.
Listed here are my favourite issues about proudly owning a Goby:
- They’re direct-to-consumer. In contrast to well-liked brushes just like the Philips Sonicare or Oral-B Braun, Goby cuts out the intermediary to offer you a high quality brush for a similar you would possibly pay for a “finances” model of one other model.
- It’s nice for stain removing. Okay, I’ve mentioned this a number of occasions, however the oscillatory brush is one of the best sort of toothbrush for brighter tooth.
- The comb head subscription helps you keep away from too-old brush heads that result in abrasions on tooth. Plus, you’ll be able to select how incessantly you need—personally, I like as soon as a month, but when that’s not doable for you, each two or three months works superb, too.
- Their brush head replacements are inexpensive than Oral-B. I’ve used many Oral-B’s over time, and so they do make an incredible brush. Nonetheless, Goby’s $6 new head substitute is lower than what you’d pay for an Oral-B mannequin (often between $8-16).
- My tooth really feel clear. Most electrical brushes will do an incredible job at sharpening your tooth, and Goby is not any exception.
- They’re followers of minimalism, like me. I really like that there’s one button, simply two settings, and no pointless equipment.
- They’ve a delicate mode. The second press of the Goby’s button will take you to a gentler cleansing mode. I feel most electrical toothbrushes are far stronger than essential, so I just like the mild mode over the usual one.
- The comb head isn’t unnecessarily agency. All of my sufferers get comparable recommendation: don’t use something however a delicate brush head. With Goby, you don’t need to marvel if that’s what you’re getting—there’s only one possibility, and it’s the fitting one.
- With an apparent battery indicator, it’s simple to know when to recharge. Many fashions don’t present the battery life on the finish of every brushing session, and I like that this one does.
- Goby’s the identical sort of brush that outperforms sonic brushes in plaque and gingivitis discount. This 2018 examine utilized Oral-B fashions, not Goby, however with an extremely comparable tech, it’s secure to say that the oscillating brushes might do a bit higher defending your oral well being.
- The comb deal with is comprised of an incredible materials for a strong grip. The delicate rubber feels nice to carry and it’s not simple to drop.
Cons of the Goby
In my view, there aren’t many cons of Goby toothbrushes. Nonetheless, there are some things it doesn’t provide that will change your thoughts about this brush.
- You possibly can’t purchase it on Amazon. As a lot as I really like the comfort of it, this brush isn’t going to return with free 2-day transport with the remainder of your Amazon shipments.
- It’s not going to work in addition to a sonic brush in the event you battle with receding gums. In my expertise with sufferers, solely the sonic vibrations of that sort of brush actually take away plaque from the open pockets left by receding gums.
- It doesn’t have a confirmed monitor file. Though I really like supporting start-ups, some folks favor to decide on a model that’s older and extra established to keep away from inventory, supply, or high quality points. (For what it’s value, I’ve been utilizing a Goby on and off for nearly two years and getting common replacements with none hiccups.)
- You possibly can’t get substitute brush heads simply anyplace. In contrast to different, extra available manufacturers, you’ll be able to solely substitute Goby’s heads with new Goby heads they ship. It’s not one thing you’ll be able to choose up simply at your native drugstore.
- It doesn’t include a toothpaste. Though which means you’ll be able to merely choose an incredible toothpaste like RiseWell‘s hydroxyapatite toothpaste, getting a brush with toothpaste collectively is a plus for many individuals. (Boka does simply that.)
- Their pack doesn’t include a handbook toothbrush. Some manufacturers embody a handbook brush with their electrical model, however that’s not the case with Goby.
Do you have to get a Goby? (Plus, a Low cost Code)
On the finish of the day, the proper toothbrush for you is the one you’ll choose up and use. Your dental well being is determined by it. Whether or not that’s a Goby or a $3 handbook toothbrush from Walgreens, it’s essential you determine what works for you.
I admire the mission of Goby and the customer-centric strategy they take. I additionally assume it’s a wonderful toothbrush and I get pleasure from utilizing it commonly.
- Its oscillatory movement removes stains higher than sonic movement toothbrushes, and it’s nonetheless nice at plaque removing.
- The subscription service permits you to obtain substitute heads on the interval of your selection, with out you having to recollect to order.
- Their firm supplies follow-up schooling and provides a private contact.
For anybody beneath 40, or who’s focus is on stain removing, the Goby electrical toothbrush is my high advice.