It’s a wholesome dessert day! This wealthy and creamy Date Shake tastes like an old style vanilla milkshake with a kiss of cinnamon, but it surely’s made with frozen bananas, dates, and almond butter.
My love for milkshakes started in my childhood, when my dad would make vanilla shakes within the blender for my sisters and me as a particular post-dinner deal with.
The milkshake affair continued on to highschool, the place each weekend, my mates and I might finish the evening on the one and solely 24-hour diner on our facet of city.
My order was all the time a big milkshake.
I’d strain my then-boyfriend into ordering fries in order that I may dip them. (I KNOW. I’m a kind of fry-in-the Frosty folks.)
In school, I labored at a late-night on-campus eatery, the place I grew to become intimately acquainted with the shake wants of rowdy undergrads at 3 a.m.
Right now, I nonetheless love the style, texture, and refreshing nature of milkshakes however not the heavy feeling they depart in my abdomen afterward.
This can be a wholesome date shake recipe with out ice cream, but it surely tastes like a real deal with. You’re going to find it irresistible!
Easy methods to Make the Greatest Date Shake
The unique date shake got here from Palm Springs.
However with a couple of easy elements, regardless of the place you reside you can also make a vanilla date shake for a fraction of what you’d pay at a elaborate resort.
- A date shake has the identical consistency as a standard milkshake, however the sweetness comes totally from the dates and frozen banana.
- That is additionally a vegan date shake recipe, which implies these with dairy allergy symptoms can take pleasure in it (the identical is true of my copycat Shamrock Shake).
- Dates. Dates are nature’s sweet! They offer this shake loads of sweetness with out the necessity for added sugar. Dates are filled with fiber and antioxidants.
- Frozen Bananas. Blended frozen bananas style remarkably like ice cream and make the shake thick, candy, and creamy. Bananas are wealthy in potassium and fiber.
- Almond Butter. Offers the shake richness and nuttiness. With wholesome fat, almond butter additionally helps make it extra satisfying.
- Vanilla Almond Milk. I really like the refined vanilla taste and nuttiness of vanilla almond milk, however you should use any milk you have got readily available.
- Vanilla. Provides a heat that completely enhances the dates.
- Add the shake elements to a blender.
- Mix till clean. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftovers for as much as 1 day. To thicken it up once more, reblend the combination with extra frozen fruit, ice, or dates.
- To Freeze. Freeze the date shake in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 1 month. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 1 month upfront, put together a handful of date shakes (multiply the recipe as desired). Freeze them in parts in hermetic containers. Thaw and luxuriate in as wanted.
What to Serve with a Date Shake
Banana Date Shake Recipe Variations
- Go Tropical. Add mango and sprinkle the highest with toasted coconut.
- Chocolate. Add a teaspoon or two of unsweetened cocoa powder and a handful of chocolate chips.
- Protein Date Shake. Be at liberty so as to add a scoop of your favourite vanilla protein powder. Chocolate protein powder within the chocolate model could be mighty tasty too.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Blender
This high-powered blender is a workhorse! It may well create completely clean shakes, smoothies, dips, soups, and extra.
I hope you like this wealthy, creamy, wholesome banana date shake as a lot as we do. I’d love to listen to your ideas within the feedback beneath!
Regularly Requested Questions
Sure, you possibly can swap the almond butter for any nut-free butter you take pleasure in. Be sure to additionally use a nut-free milk.
- 2 massive bananas reduce into chunks and frozen (about 2 cups sliced)
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter plus further to style
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of alternative
- Small handful ice cubes non-obligatory
Place the banana, dates, almond butter, vanilla extract, and almond milk in a excessive powered blender (in the event you shouldn’t have a high-powered blender, I like to recommend mixing the milk and half of the frozen fruit first, then slowly including the remainder of the fruit and remaining elements).
Mix till clean. If you need the shake a bit thicker, add a couple of ice cubes and mix once more. Style and add further almond butter if you would like the shake a bit of richer or one other date if you would like it sweeter. Pour and luxuriate in!
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftovers for as much as 1 day. To thicken it up once more, reblend the combination with extra frozen fruit, ice, or dates.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze the date shake in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 1 month. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than serving.
Serving: 1(of two)Energy: 324kcalCarbohydrates: 69gProtein: 5gFats: 6gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gPotassium: 882mgFiber: 8gSugar: 49gVitamin A: 159IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 215mgIron: 1mg
Be part of in the present day and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.