Made with buttery brioche, creamy custard, and crispy apples, this toasty Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake is full of candy flavors and is the final word breakfast deal with.
Simple Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
As soon as the chilly climate kicks in, it’s tougher to get away from bed each morning when all you wish to do is keep below the covers. Thankfully, this Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake may be made upfront, so you are able to do simply that— not less than for an additional hour whereas it bakes.
Full of cinnamon, brown sugar, and apples, each chunk tastes similar to a comfortable breakfast in mattress. Topped with pecans and maple syrup, nobody will know whether or not you’re baking dessert or breakfast. Does it matter, although? The wealthy, creamy custard bringing all the things collectively says no.
Made with buttery brioche or leftover sandwich bread, this French toast bake is a phenomenal technique to sweeten up your mornings with a mountain of whipped cream, powdered sugar, and granola. It’s like apple pie for breakfast, solely higher. Simply dig in!
What You’ll Want
We’ll use principally pantry staples, so it’s best to have the ability to get began with this apple cinnamon French toast bake asap. Verify the recipe card on the backside of the put up for full ingredient quantities.
- Brioche bread
- Milk – I favor entire milk, however low-fat milk works too.
- Mild brown sugar – Darkish brown sugar is an efficient substitute.
- Floor cinnamon – Allspice is a good swap-out.
- Vanilla extract
- Butter – Salted or unsalted is okay.
- Apples – Use your favourite purple, inexperienced, or yellow apples for this.
- Pecans – Chopped almonds or walnuts are additionally nice.
- Pure maple syrup – Be happy to make use of uncooked honey and agave syrup.
What’s The Finest Bread for French Toast?
Brioche is one of the best sort for French toast. Nonetheless, Challah and even Japanese milk bread are glorious for this recipe too. Principally, any form of enriched bread loaf will yield spectacular outcomes.
Find out how to Make Cinnamon Apple French Toast Casserole
Fortunately, the oven does lots of the work for this apple cinnamon French toast bake.
- Put together the baking dish. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Add the bread. Place the cubed bread within the baking dish. Set it apart.
- Combine the moist substances. In a big bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Add half of the brown sugar and half of the bottom cinnamon. Combine till effectively mixed. Pour the combination over the bread within the baking dish. Set it apart.
- Cook dinner the apples. Soften the butter in a big pan over medium-high warmth. Add the apples, remaining brown sugar, and remaining floor cinnamon. Combine effectively. Cook dinner them for 8 minutes, stirring consistently, or till the apples soften. Take away the apples from the warmth.
- Assemble the casserole. Spoon the apple combination over the bread, sprinkle with pecans, and canopy the baking dish with foil; refrigerate it in a single day. You too can bake the casserole straight away.
- Bake it. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Take away the baking dish from the fridge. Pop it within the oven (whereas nonetheless lined) for half-hour. Take away the foil and bake for one more 20 minutes. As soon as the custard is about, take away it from the oven.
- Serve. Let the casserole relaxation for not less than quarter-hour earlier than slicing. Serve with maple syrup and revel in.
Can This Be Ready in Advance?
Since this recipe accommodates uncooked eggs till cooked, this French toast casserole can solely be made as much as a day upfront. Assemble it and depart it lined within the fridge. Then bake it the following day as regular and revel in.
You too can freeze it unbaked. Cowl with two layers of aluminum foil and preserve it within the freezer for two to three months. To freeze a baked casserole, please guarantee it’s utterly cooled earlier than placing it within the freezer.
Ideas for Making a French Toast Bake
Comply with these tricks to preserve your self secure whereas dealing with the baking dish and make cleansing up simpler:
- Watch your face. Preserve your face away from the baking dish when eradicating the foil from the baking dish earlier than returning it to the oven. Steam tends to get trapped inside and can launch violently when the foil is eliminated.
- Don’t use moist towels. When managing sizzling baking dishes, by no means use moist or moist kitchen towels to take away them from the oven. They’ll warmth up and burn your palms inside seconds.
- Use foil. Line your baking dish with foil for simple clean-up.
- Use leftover bread. If all you’ve received is sandwich bread at house, deplete all of the leftovers to make this wonderful casserole.
I really like this apple cinnamon French toast bake with a aspect of crispy bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. It’s like dessert and breakfast multi functional. If I’m craving one thing lighter, I pair it with some Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries and an Acai Bowl.
For drinks, use these as inspiration and make your individual breakfast combo with this candy casserole:
Lastly, don’t neglect to high it with plenty of whipped cream, powdered sugar, sliced apples, and even granola. It’s wonderful!
Find out how to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- Refrigerate any cooled leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days. It should technically last as long as 5 days, however the texture will soften an excessive amount of after the third day. You too can refrigerate it within the baking dish so long as you cowl it with foil.
- To reheat it, sprinkle it with a few teaspoons of water after which microwave it till heat. You too can reheat it within the oven at 350˚F, lined, for 10 minutes or till heated by way of.
Extra Simple Breakfast Recipes
Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
Place bread cubes within the baking dish and put aside.
In a mixing bowl whisk collectively the eggs, milk, ¼ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and vanilla.
Pour the egg combination over the bread; stir and put aside.
Soften butter in a big skillet set over medium-high warmth.
As soon as melted, add within the apples, remaining brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon.
Cook dinner for about 8 minutes, stirring regularly, till apples start to melt and liquid thickens.
Take away from warmth and spoon the apple combination over the bread combination.
Sprinkle the highest with pecans.
Cowl with aluminum foil and refrigerate in a single day, or bake straight away.
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Take the casserole out of the fridge whereas the oven is preheating.
Bake, lined, for half-hour.
Take away foil and proceed to bake for about 20 extra minutes or till custard has set.
Take away from oven and let stand quarter-hour earlier than serving.
Serve with maple syrup.
- Bread: Brioche is mostly used for French toast, however sourdough bread, ciabatta, or challah are additionally glorious decisions. Leftover, dry or stale bread works finest.
- Apples: I like to make use of any recent apples I’ve available, principally Honeycrisps, however Granny Smith apples are good to make use of, in addition to Jonathans.
- Freezing French Toast Casserole: Absolutely cooked casserole may be frozen – cowl with a few layers of foil and freeze for as much as 3 months. Nonetheless, I counsel freezing it earlier than baking as a result of it leads to a greater, extra agency texture.
- Baking: This casserole may be baked straight away, or for a better-tasting French toast, put together the casserole, however don’t bake it. Cowl the baking dish with foil, retailer it within the fridge, and let the casserole sit in a single day.
Serving: 12 servings | Energy: 391 kcal | Carbohydrates: 39 g | Protein: 12 g | Fats: 22 g | Saturated Fats: 10 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5 g | Trans Fats: 0.2 g | Ldl cholesterol: 208 mg | Sodium: 284 mg | Potassium: 263 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 19 g | Vitamin A: 786 IU | Vitamin C: 3 mg | Calcium: 159 mg | Iron: 1 mg | Web Carbs: 37 g
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might fluctuate in keeping with the substances and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.